Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Pea Throwing Incident


It was Valentine's Day, 1980. I was in Ms. Swickle’s fourth grade class at P.S. Six in Woodmere. It was the same year Carole Brussel cried when Mark Golden egged Swickle on for more homework. She said she couldn’t handle “the pressure.” Jesus. We were in fourth grade.

My mother used to send me off to school with healthy snacks in my lunch -- sometimes carrot or celery sticks, sometimes sliced cucumbers or bell peppers. But my favorite -- my absolute favorite - was English peas in the pod. It was those damn peas that got me into hot water.

Click on the letter to see why.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

replace "pea" with "pee" and it's even funnier

Unknown said...

Did he just say Pee?

Anonymous said...

wow, and now i'm imagining a bell pepper hit to the eye too. ouch.

Anonymous said...

Imagine the consequences to the vice principal if you stepped on a line?

Anonymous said...

Funny how this educated Principal mentioned how "He came on the second floor"!!!!

Anonymous said...

"We simply will not tolerate this uncaring and selfish behavior. In fact, we almost had an accident where one youngster slid on a pea but fortunately was not injured."

"...almost had an accident..."? Smells like bs to me. Hilarious. Absofuckinglutely hilarious!

And Carole Brussel? What a cry baby.

Mona said...

You know, I wish that I still had the letter that was sent home with me from high school -- I was in marching band, and my senior year, one of the folks on the drum line decided to moon the camera. We all got a kick out of it. The principal was highly offended and sent home a letter to our parents stating that such behavior would not be tolerated, and that he was demanding all of the pictures be returned immediately.

My parents, after they finished laughing, wrote a letter back to the principal informing them that not only were they NOT getting the photo back, but the photo had a prominent place on our living room wall.

Anonymous said...

I love that your behaviour was described as "childish".

Anonymous said...

OMG FREAKING HYSTERICAL!!! I nearly PEAD in my pants!!!!

Maybe you could hit Carole with some Brussel(s) sprouts next time!

thanks for the smile....(:

CREAM said...

These comments are priceless.